|Macaroni Grill's Rosemary Bread|
1 cup warm water, 110-115 degrees
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, extra for dipping
2 1/2 - 3 cups flour, extra for dusting
3 1/2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, for serving
1. Mix 1/4 cup water, sugar and yeast until dissolved into the bowl of an electric stand mixer.
2. Let this rest 5 minutes.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, remaining 3/4 cup warm water, 1 1/2 cups flour, the rosemary and salt.
4. Using the paddle attachment, blend until combined.
5. Switch to the hook attachment, add 1 cup flour; knead mixture on medium speed until smooth an elastic.
6. If dough is sticking to bowl, add more flour.
7. Cover bowl; put in warm place to rise until more than doubled.
8. Divide dough into two equal portions.
9. With1 tablespoon olive oil, grease a rimmed baking sheet.
10. Dust a work surface with flour; shape dough portions into ovals.
11. Transfer to baking sheet spacing apart; allow to rest uncovered until doubled.
12. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Bake 10 minutes, remove from oven and brush loaves with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
13. Place back into oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer until golden brown.
14. Serve warm bread with a mixture of olive oil and freshly ground black pepper for dipping.