Monday, April 20, 2015

Copycat La Madeleine's Tomato-Basil Soup

Copycat La Madeleine's Tomato-Basil Soup


My sister Joyce took me to La Madeleine to eat lunch and I had the Tomato-Basil Soup. I was a little cautious about trying it because I do not like tomato soup. My sister was telling me how delicious this soup was and I tried a bowl and I loved it. It is so creamy and flavorful, I wanted more. When you make this Copycat La Madeleine’s Tomato-Basil Soup at home you can even have a second bowl! Enjoy.

Ingredients for Copycat La Madeleine's Tomato-Basil Soup:

4 cups fresh tomatoes, cored, peeled, and chopped, 8-10 or 4 cups canned whole tomatoes, crushed


4 cups tomato juice, or part vegetable or part chicken stock


12 -14 basil leaves, washed fresh


1 cup heavy cream


1/4 lb sweet unsalted butter


Salt


1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper


Lemon juice


Directions for making Copycat La Madeleine's Tomato-Basil Soup:

Step 1: Combine tomatoes, juice and or stock in saucepan.


Step 2: Simmer 30 minutes.


Step 3: Puree, along with the basil leaves, in small batches, in blender, food processor or hand-held food blenders, right in the cooking pan.


Step 4: Return to saucepan and add cream and butter, while stirring, over low heat.


Step 5: Garnish with basil leaves and serve with your favorite bread.


This recipe serves 8 people.


Tips:

Some folks like to add onion and garlic that has been minced and sautéed in 1 tablespoon olive oil into the first step.


Warning:

Use fresh basil not dried basil or it will not taste like La Madeleine’s.


Buy a gift card!

No comments:

Post a Comment