|Chili's Copycat Low-Fat Fajitas|
I love eating at Chili's this is a copycat recipe for low-fat fajitas. You may use chicken breast or skirt steak or a mixture of both. Serve Chili's Copycat Low-Fat Fajitas recipe with warm tortillas, sour cream, pico de gallo, guacamole and cheddar cheese.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breasts or skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 dash salt and black pepper
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded, sliced thin
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, seeded, sliced thin
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded, sliced thin
Step 1: Combine 1/4 cup lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, liquid smoke, cayenne pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a zip lock plastic bag.
Step 2: Add chicken or steak to plastic bag, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or best to leave overnight.
Step 3: Combine water, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon lime juice, and a dash of salt and pepper; set aside.
Step 4: On a medium- high flame grill meat for 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Step 5: Cut meat into thin strips; set aside and keep warm.
Step 6: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion and peppers in remaining 1 tablespoon oil until brown; remove from heat; pour reserved liquid mixture over onions and peppers.
Step 7: Toss together meat, onions, and peppers.
Step 8: Serve with warm tortillas, pico de gallo, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole.
- Leave off cheese, sour cream and guacamole to make them lower in fat.