Do you have a craving for the delicious Hash Brown Casserole that is served at the Cracker Barrel Restaurant?
With this recipe, you can make your own at home that taste much like the one they serve.
The ingredients you need are frozen hash brown potatoes, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup, butter, onions and Colby cheese.
The secret ingredient is believed to be the Colby cheese. You can now have Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole any time you want, breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 2 pounds southern style hash brown potatoes (frozen)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cream of chicken soup (10 1/2 ounce can)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine; melted
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups Colby cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place potatoes in greased 9 x 13-inch pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine onions, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup.
- Pour soup mixture over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with Colby cheese and melted butter.
- Bake uncovered in 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 6 servings.
Tips From Margielynn:
- Some folks make it with cheddar cheese, but it is believed Cracker Barrel uses Colby, that is the secret ingredient.