|Panera Bread's Copycat Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe|
Panera Bread's Copycat Broccoli Cheese Soup is a hearty fall soup. You can use two small sourdough bread for serving bowls. This soup is quick and easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken stock or bouillon
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion in melted butter; set aside.
- Cook butter and onion mixture and flour whisking over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Stirring constantly and slowly add the half-and-half.
- Add the chicken stock whisking all the time.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, and onions.
- Cook over low heat until the vegetables are tender for 20-25 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- After the soup has thickened; pour in batches into blender and puree.
- Place back into the pot over low heat; cheese; stir until well blended.
- Stir in the nutmeg and serve.