- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked, skinned, boned and diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Whole fresh pineapple for serving, optional
- Place chicken in a large mixing bowl; add celery and mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with until combined.
- To serve in a pineapple shell, cut the whole pineapple in half lengthwise.
- Using a grapefruit knife, cut around the inside of the pineapple, leaving about¼" from the edge.
- Scoop out remaining pineapple.
- Place a bed of sprouts in the shell and scoop salad mixture on top. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon toasted almonds and serve chilled.
Tips From Margielynn
- 1 pound of chicken breast would be approximately 2 boneless chicken breast.