I love Pico De Gallo, with this copycat TGI Friday's recipe you can have it at home anytime you get a craving. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips. If you like it spicy add a large jalapeño or two medium ones. Enjoy!
Directions for making:
This copycat recipe for Bennigan's Chicken Salad is much like the one you will get at the restaurant. This copycat recipe will let you enjoy their chicken salad anytime you get a craving.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked, skinned, boned and diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Whole fresh pineapple for serving, optional
- Place chicken in a large mixing bowl; add celery and mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with until combined.
- To serve in a pineapple shell, cut the whole pineapple in half lengthwise.
- Using a grapefruit knife, cut around the inside of the pineapple, leaving about¼" from the edge.
- Scoop out remaining pineapple.
- Place a bed of sprouts in the shell and scoop salad mixture on top. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon toasted almonds and serve chilled.
Tips From Margielynn
- 1 pound of chicken breast would be approximately 2 boneless chicken breast.