Everyone loves a good burger. A favorite at Red Robin is their Banzai Burger. It has sliced fresh pineapple and Teriyaki sauce for a great twist. Give this recipe a try when you are in the mood for a burger.
- 2 pounds ground round
- 1 bottle Teriyaki sauce
- Sliced cheddar cheese
- Sliced fresh pineapple
- Shredded head lettuce
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Burger Buns
- Form meat into patties, in a shallow baking dish, add some of the Teriyaki sauce, place the beef patties on top in a single layer, turning to coat all sides with the marinade.
- Reserve some marinade for the pineapple slices.
- Cover dish and refrigerate 4-12 hours.
- Place pineapple slices in another container, coat with marinade, cover dish and chill.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Cook hamburgers three to five minutes per side, or to the doneness you prefer.
- After you flip the burgers, add the pineapple slices to the grill.
- Cook pineapple slices turning once.
- Around one minute before the burgers are done, top with slices of cheese to melt.
- Assemble burger by spreading mayonnaise on the top and bottom of each bun.
- Next put the hamburger patty on bottom bun, top with two tomato slices, and two grilled pineapple slices.
- Finish off with about 1/3 cup shredded lettuce and place top bun.
Tips from Margielynn
- Kikkoman's Teriyaki Takumi Collection-Original was used for Teriyaki sauce in this recipe.