If you like Stove Top Stuffing you will like this quick recipe for stuffing. It is easy and you only need a few ingredients to have a delicious stuffing.
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups plain dry bread crumbs
Directions for making stuffing:
- In a saucepan, sauté onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except bread crumbs, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs, cover, turn off heat, and allow to sit for 8-10 minutes.