Saltgrass Steakhouse Copycat Shiner Bock Beer Bread & Honey Butter
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups Shiner Bock Beer, flat
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup warm water, not hot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add honey to yeast mixture and stir.
- Mix in a bowl, all-purpose flour, wheat flour, and salt.
- Add oil and slowly add flat beer, stirring to mix.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface; knead for at least ten to 15 minutes.
- Add a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky.
- The dough will feel, smooth, and spongy and should not stick to your hands.
- Put dough in a lightly oiled bowl; cover with plastic, let rise until it doubles in size.
- Let dough rise at room temperature.
- When the dough has doubled in size, punch down, and let rest for five minutes.
- Divide dough into four equal parts; shape into round loaves.
- Put loaves on a lightly oiled, cookie, sheet.
- Score twice on top of each loaf with a knife two inches apart.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap until the loaves have doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Saltgrass Steakhouse Copycat Honey Butter:
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
Put all ingredients in small food processor or blender; whip butter, milk, and honey until the mixture lightens in color and turns a light cream color.
Shape with melon ball maker.
Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Yields eight servings.