If you love the biscuits at Kentucky Fried Chicken, KFC, give this copycat recipe a try. It only takes a few ingredients and you will be enjoying your favorite KFC biscuits.
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In the center of the flour mixture, make a well and pour in milk.
- Add shortening; start kneading with hands to cut in the shortening and flour in the milk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add more milk, if needed to form, and mix.
- Turn onto floured board; knead gently about 6 to 8 times.
- Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into biscuits.
- Place on baking sheet and brown in oven 10-13 minutes.
Makes about 9 biscuits.
Tips from Margielynn
- When cutting out biscuits do not twist with cuter, just press straight down to cut. The twisting can seal the edges and cause it not to rise correctly.