Chili's has so many yummy items, it is hard to choose which one you want to try. Next time you want to try something or if Southwestern Eggrolls is already a favorite of yours, here is a copycat version for you to try. I have also included the Avocado-Ranch Dipping Sauce recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 2 tablespoon red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon canned jalapeño peppers, diced
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 5 -7-inch flour tortillas
Avocado-Ranch Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup fresh avocado, smashed, about half of an avocado
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- Dash dried dill weed
- dash garlic powder
- Dash black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon tomato, chopped
Directions for making Chili's Southwestern Eggrolls:
- Heat your barbecue grill to high heat.
- Rub vegetable oil on chicken breast.
- Salt and pepper lightly on both sides of the chicken.
- Grill the chicken breast on the barbecue grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done.
- Set aside until it cools enough to handle.
- In a medium-size skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add to skillet red pepper and onion; sauté until tender, about two minutes.
- Cube chicken meat and add to skillet.
- Add spinach, corn, jalapeño peppers, black beans, spinach, chili powder, parsley, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper to the mixture.
- Cook for 4 minutes; stir well to incorporated ingredients in the mixture.
- Take the pan off the heat; add cheese and stir until melted.
- Heat tortillas by wrapping in a moist cloth and place in microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Spoon some of the mixtures into the center of a tortilla.
- Roll tortillas by folding in ends and rolling; roll very tight and stick a toothpick in them to hold together.
- Roll remaining egg rolls.
- Place egg rolls on a plate, cover with plastic wrap; freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Directions for Avocado-Ranch Dipping Sauce:
- Smash avocado.
- Add the rest of ingredients to avocado in a small bowl and mix well.
Directions for Frying Eggrolls:
- In a large pan or a deep-fryer, preheat 4-6 cups of oil to 375°F.
- Fry egg rolls in hot oil for 12-15 minutes; drain on paper towels or a rack.
- To serve, slice each eggroll diagonally and dip in Avocado-Ranch Sauce.