Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia Ice Cream has a cherry ice cream with cherries and fudge flakes. You can make this yummy treat at home with this Ben and Jerry's Copycat Cherry Garcia Ice Cream recipe. This Ben and Jerry's ice cream is a tribute to guitarist Jerry Garcia & Grateful Dead fans.
- ¼ cup fresh Bing cherries halved and pitted
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate bars shaved
- 2 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- In separate bowls put the cherries and the shaved chocolate flakes; cover and refrigerate.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until they are light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next, whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue to whisk until completely mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add the milk and cream; whisk to mix.
- Pour the mixture in an ice cream maker; freeze following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When ice cream begins to stiffen, about 2 minutes before it is done; add the cherries and chocolate and continue freezing until done.