Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheesecake, does that not sound luscious?
I love chocolate, coconut, and cheesecake, so this is a perfect cheesecake for me!
This recipe may be a little trouble, but worth it. This copycat homemade version tastes much like the one at The Cheesecake Factory. We are definitely not talking calories!
- 2 1/2 cups fresh coconut, grated
- 1 cup whipping cream, scalded
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter, sliced
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut liqueur
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut liqueur
- Toasted coconut flakes (for garnish)
- Puree coconut and whipping cream in a blender for 4 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Cut butter into flour and 4 teaspoons sugar until mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Press evenly into bottom of a buttered 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl cream together the cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups of the sugar.
- Stir in the cooled coconut puree and whipping cream.
- Slowly stir in eggs and yolks.
- Stir in 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut liqueur, lemon juice and extracts. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake in a 325 degrees Fahrenheit oven about one hour, until the sides of the cake are dry and center is set.
- Allow cheesecake to cool for 30 minutes.
- Beat together the cream of coconut, sour cream, and 1/2 teaspoon liqueur; spread the mixture over the cheesecake.
- Bake for 10 more minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes over top before serving.